This is the place where all the country smiles and metaphors appear to have come together
This is the place where all the country smiles and metaphors appear to have come together sand dune, wooded hills and amazing lakes, palaces, and regged forts, men and women in colorful turban and skirts, quiet villages camels, elephants, tigers harsh sun light and cool evening breaze are all there in abundance.
- Day-1 : Arrive Delhi meeting on arrival and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free for independent activities.
- Day-2 : Enjoy full day sightseeing tour of New Delhi:Designed and built by the British in the 1920’s it’s a city of wide boulevards impressive Government buildings, green parks and gardens. First you will visit two monuments from Delhi’s past Humayun’s Tomb and Qutab Minar. Then your drive takes you along the ceremonial avenue, Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House.
Old Delhi : an ancient walled city. Here you will see Red Fort, the most opulent Fort and Palace of the Moghul Empire; Raj Ghat, the memorial site of the Mahatma Gandhi; Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India and Chandni Chowk, the bustling and colourful market of the old city. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day -3 : Leave Delhi for Mandawa by surface.In the afternoon enjoy sightseeing tour of :
Mandawa : A small town in the Shekawati region of Rajasthan with a unique medieval charm. The streets are lined with richly painted houses and each town is bustling with activity.Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day-4 : Leave Mandawa for Bikaner by road.In the afternoon enjoy sightseeing tour of Bikaner : a desert fortified city on the ancient caravan routes that originated from Africa and West Asia. 32 Kms. from Bikaner is Deshnoke, famous for its Rat Temple (Karni Mata Temple).Overnight at the hotel.
- Day-5 : Leave Bikaner for Jaisalmer by surface. Rest of the day free for independent activities.
- Day-6 : In the morning enjoy sightseeing tour of Jaisamer : the citadel city built in the 12th century is an architectural dream in yellow sandstone lying in the lonely silence of the Thar Desert. The Forts and palaces and several superbly carved Jain Temples in and around Jaisalmer are all reminiscent of a glorious history.In the afternoon visit : 40 Kms from Jaisalmer are the silver gold sand duncs of Sam. A camel ride at sunset, as the sky is set on fire, and Rajasthani musicians paly haunting tunes, can be and unforgettable experience. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day-7 : In the morning leave Jaisalmer for Jodhpur by road.Afternoon free for your independent activities. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day-8 : In the morning enjoy sightseeing tour of Jodhpur : The home of the Rathore rulers - the princely State of Rajasthan. A high 10 Kms. long stone wall protects the well-fortified city. Within, stands an imposing Fort on a low range of sandstone hills, about 125 mtrs. above the surrounding plains.Visit Mehrangarh Fort- founded in 1459 AD by Rao Jodha (after whom the city is named) the Fort is intricately adorned with long carved panels and latticed windows of exquisite designs in red sandstone. Also visit Jaswant Thada- an imposing white marble cenotaph built to commemorate the acts of bravery and generosity of the rulers in 19th century.Afternoon free for your independent activities. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day-9 : Leave Jodhpur in the morning for Udaipur by road and enroute visit:Ranakpur: famous for the quadruple Jain temple dedicated, like the temples at Mount Abu to Adinath. The whole structure has 80 domes and of 400 pillars. Continue your drive for Udaipur.
Rest of the day free for independent activities. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day-10 : In the morning enjoy sightseeing tour of :Udaipur City: Visit the City Palace Museum - grandeur and intricacy stroked all over in granite, marble and mosaic displayed in the sparkling white filigreed balconies and windows, ornate arches and cupolas atop magnificent octagonal towers, Jagdish Temple - built in 1651 AD. Also visit Sahelion Ki Bari- the spectacular garden displaying the unique life style of the royal ladies who once lived in the palaces.Afternoon at leisure. In the evening enjoy a most memorable boat ride with the reflections of the majestic Lake Palace Hotel at its best against the setting sun.
- Day-11 : Leave Udaipur in the morning for Ajmer by road and enroute visit: Chittorgarh: home of the brave, 115 Kms east of Udaipur. The road to the citadel of Chittor Zig Zag steeply for a couple of Kms and passes through seven huge gates, each with watch towers and great iron spiked doors. The tower of victory is over 35 metres high and has nine storeys served by a winding staircase. It is covered from top to bottom with carvings, depicting the social life of the time.Continue your drive for Ajmer. Overnight at the Hotel.
- Day-12 : In the morning enjoy sightseeing tour of :Ajmer City: Founded in the 11th century is the holy city of the Muslims. The Taragarh fort, Anna Sagar - an artificial lake, Akbar’s palace and the Durgah - Mausoleum of Khwaja Moinuddin-Chisti a Muslim holy man all combine to give the city its historical and religious importance. Continue your drive for Jaipur. Rest of the evening free for independent activities. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day-13 : Enjoy morning sightseeing tour of : Amber Fort: 11 Kms. from Jaipur - a marvellous example of Rajput architecture with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Mata Lake below. The ascent to the Fort is on gaily caparisoned elephants. The Fort interior has various royal halls decorated with intricate ivory work, exquisite wall paintings and tiny mirror chips, which create a tantalising reflection effect.In the afternoon sightseeing tour of : Jaipur City: City Palace Museum - an imposing blend of traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art. The museum is resplendent with its collection of robes of royal princes, carpets, and armoury of old weapons, miniature paintings portraying court scenes, battle scenes and processions, Jantar - Mantar (Observatory)- an accurate observatory built in 1726 AD; Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds)- a five storeyed wonder with a spectacular pyramidal facade and overhanging windows with latticed screens, domes and spires.Overnight at the hotel.
- Day -14 : In the morning leave Jaipur for Delhi by road and upon arrival check in at hotel.
Rest of the day free for independent activities. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day -15 : Transfer from hotel to international airport in time to connect your flight back home.